TuffCore Builder’s Choice SPC Care and Maintenance
Please thoroughly review all care and maintenance guides before the new flooring is cleaned. Using the wrong type of floor cleaner can severely damage the floor’s finish. These guides can be found online at www.my-nfp.com
- The predominant cause of damage to a floor’s finish is abrasion from dirt and grit. It is important to use walk off mats at entrances and doorways and non-staining floor protectors under heavy furniture, chairs, and tables.
- Visit www.rugpadusa.com for rug cushions. Use rugs that are made specifically for vinyl floors. Shake them out regularly. Place rugs in any area where water is in use, such as sinks or a pet’s water dish.
- To prevent the floor from overheating or trapping moisture, never cover the flooring before, during, or after installation with any type of non-breathable or excessively thick rugs, mats, solid surface items, plastic, or a mattress that is laid directly onto the floor. It must be allowed to breathe.
- Always apply heavy-duty felt furniture pads (at least 3/16”) to all furniture feet.
- Metal and hard plastic casters are not approved for use on spc floors and may void your warranty.
- Over time, floors may begin to lose their brilliance and require an application of floor polish. Frequency and location will depend on the traffic the floor undergoes. A good quality floor polish like “Hilway Direct” can provide up to a year of protection in high traffic areas. Please visit www.hilway.com for information.
- Oil or petroleum-based products can stain flooring surfaces. Do not track asphalt-driveway sealer, motor oil, wood stains, or similar products onto the vinyl floor covering.
- Any flooring may become slippery when wet. Immediately wipe up wet areas from spills and be careful walking on any newly cleaned floor while it is wet.
Protecting the beauty of your floor can be easy, even with pets. Follow these simple guidelines to keep your flooring in good condition while having indoor pets.
- Clip your pet’s nails regularly. If you can hear the nails clicking on the floor, they need to be trimmed.
- Wipe up any pet waste/vomit as quickly as possible. These accidents if not properly cleaned up and/or left for long periods of time are harsh and can damage the finish.
- It is recommended to use natural fiber rugs or a riser to keep water bowls off the floor.
- If your pets are hyper and like to run and slide across the floor, it is recommended to place rugs in these areas to protect the floor.
APPROVED CLEANING METHODS:
- Vacuum (WITHOUT BEATER BRUSH), dry mop, or sweep your floor at least once a week or more if needed. Do not let sand, dirt, or grit build up. It will act like sandpaper, and abrade and dull the finish. ZEP Neutral Floor Cleaner applied with microfiber pads with a terry cloth cover is the recommended way to clean your floor. The best method of removing dirt and grit is vacuuming with a soft brush attachment on your vacuum.
- After all dirt and grit particles have been removed (using a vacuum, dry mop, or broom) lightly spray a mist of the cleaner over a 4’ x 6’ area of your floor or directly on the cleaning cloth. Thoroughly clean the floor surface and dry if needed. Finish one area before moving onto the next. Repeat the process until the floor is clean. When the ZEP cleaning cloth becomes soiled, rinse with water, thoroughly wringing out the cloth. Once the cleaning cloth becomes excessively soiled, launder and reuse. Excessively soiled cleaning cloths will cause streaking and can abrade the floor. Cleaning Vinyl flooring with any type of wood polishes, Murphy’s Oil Soap, Mop & Glo, furniture polishes, acidic cleaners (ammonia/bleach) will damage the finish and will void the manufacturer warranties. Always follow the installation and maintenance located on our website.
RUBBER BACKED FLOOR MAT
DO NOT USE
rubber backed or non-ventilated rugs. These types of rugs can trap moisture or stain the finish and can severely damage the floor.
DO NOT USE
a vacuum with a beater brush.