GLUE DOWN TIPS:
- Working off the longest straight wall (typically an exterior wall), snap a chalk line parallel with the wall that is equal to the width of the flooring plus enough room for the expansion gap. Use spacers to maintain the proper expansion gap.
- If using the glue down method, keep the groove side facing out.
- If needed, use only green/blue 3M/Scotch Tape model #2080 to hold the floor together while the adhesive is drying for a minimum of one hour and no longer then 24 hours. Do not use duct tape or packing tape as they can damage finishes.
- Allow the first rows to dry for a minimum of one hour before installing additional rows. This will ensure a solid and straight platform to install the next rows against.
- Avoid heavy foot traffic on the floor for a minimum of 24 hours to allow the glue to set properly.
- Once the floor installation is complete, remove all spacers that were used to maintain the expansion gap.